AccessAnesthesiology includes anesthesiology textbooks, procedural videos, quick reference guides, tables and charts; drug monographs, and tools for resident education and certification/re-certification in pain management, critical care, and perioperative medicine. Faculty: To enable Custom Curriculum, first set up a My Access account while on the OHSU network, and then request instructor privileges by sending an email to email@example.com.
Find information on emergency department procedures, including books, videos, images, and drug information in this resource. Faculty: To enable Custom Curriculum, first set up a My Access account while on the OHSU network, and then request instructor privileges by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AccessMedicine provides information on basic sciences and medicine, including the Lange Current Diagnosis and Treatment series, Harrison's, and Goodman and Gilman's. The Lange Self-Assessment Tool for the USMLEasy is also included. Faculty: To enable Custom Curriculum, first set up a My Access account while on the OHSU network, and then request instructor privileges by sending an email to email@example.com. For mobile access:
1. Create a Free MyAccess Profile
2. Download the free AccessMedicine by Unbound Medicine app from the iTunes Store or Google Play
3. Log into MyAccess while on your phone. This will update the app with content from AccessMedicine.
4. Open AccessMedicine app and enjoy access to Quick Medical Dx & Rx, Fitspatrick's Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology, Differential Diagnosis Tool, and Diagnostics Tests.
AccessPharmacy allows students to select a core curriculum topic, browse by organ system, review textbooks, or search across leading pharmacy online references. Faculty: To enable Custom Curriculum, first set up a My Access account while on the OHSU network, and then request instructor privileges by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modules showing step-by-step examinations with rationales for the clinician's actions and discussions of health history taking, interviewing, and describing findings. Graphics illustrate key components of anatomy and physiology.
ClinicalKey for Nursing is a clinical reference platform that includes content from evidence-based nursing monographs, books, journals, practice guidelines, and core measures with nursing recommendations as well as Procedures Consult and Clinical Skills topics. This resources provides information to support nursing care in areas such as administering medication, managing nurse policy, monitoring for complications, and providing patient education.
A source for evidence based healthcare information. Includes Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Database of Abstracts of Reviews, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, Cochrane Database of Methodology Reviews, Cochrane Methodology Register, Health Technology Assessment Database, and NHS Economic Evaluation Database.
Point-of-care clinical decision tool, including evidence-based, clinically-organized summaries. It is updated daily, and includes calculators and patient handouts. For mobile access:
1. Download the free DynaMed Plus App from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
2. Send yourself an Authentication Key from within DynaMed Plus by going to the DynaMed Plus interface on your computer, click on the Get the DynaMed Plus Mobile App link in the Spotlight area and provide your e-mail address.
3. View the email sent in Step 2 on your device, then tap the authentication key.
Within 48 hours, tap on the link in the email to authenticate the app. Note: If the app is not authenticated after 48 hours, you will need to request a new authentication key.
Derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, this popular reference delivers fast, to-the-point guidance on the clinical problems seen in everyday practice. This title focuses on diagnosis and therapy with an emphasis on patient care. It offers high-yield coverage of etiology, signs and symptoms, physical examination, laboratory findings, and practice guidelines. For mobile access:
1. Download the free UCentral app from the iTunes Store or Google Play
2. Access Harrison's Manual of Medicine via the OHSU Library
3. Click on the Mobile link at the top toolbar of the resulting page. First time users can register for an account. Once you register, you can log in to use mobile or to personalize your web experience.
4. Using the login information you created when you registered, login to the app on your device.
Concise yet thorough summaries of comprehensive assessment, treatment, and nursing intervention information for virtually all areas of nursing practice, including medical-surgical, pediatric, psychiatric, and maternity conditions.
This evidence-based point-of-care resource includes continuously updated information, based on the best available evidence in nursing, allied health, and biomedical literature, written specifically for nurses to help answer clinical questions. Includes multimedia (e.g. videos and images), nursing management topics, care plans, leadership and management continuing education modules, additional skills, and more. It also contains cultural competencies, patient education, drug information, and reference books, guidelines, legal cases, and research instruments. For mobile access: NOTE: If you have the Nursing Reference Center app installed on your device, you must uninstall it before installing the Nursing Reference Center Plus app.
1. Download the free Nursing Reference Center Plus App from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
2. Access Nursing Reference Center Plus via the OHSU Library.
3. Click on the NRC Plus Mobile App Access link from Nursing Reference Center Plus at the bottom of the page and enter your email address. An authentication key will be emailed to you.
4. Open the Nursing Reference Center Plus email from your device.
Within 24 hours, tap on the link in the email to authenticate the app. Note: If the app is not authenticated after 24 hours, you will need to request a new authentication key.
Click on "Clinical Queries" under "PubMed Tools". PubMed Clinical Queries allows you to find critically appraised information indexed in MEDLINE. PubMed uses a broad definition of systematic reviews which includes systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development conferences, and guidelines.
Trip is a clinical search engine of evidence-based content designed to support clinical practice and care. It includes research evidence and other content types including images, videos, patient information leaflets, educational courses and news.
Provides evidence-based answers to commonly asked questions in clinical practice. Designed to provide concise information needed at the point of care. For mobile access:
1. Download the free mobile app from the iTunes store or Google Play
2. Access UpToDate via the OHSU Library
3. Click on the Log In/Register link on the resulting page. First time users can register for an account to use on a mobile device or to use the CME feature.
4. Once you register, you can login to the app using the UpToDate username and password you created from step #3 above. PLEASE NOTE: You will occasionally be asked to re-verify your affiliation with OHSU. You will need to use your UpToDate username and password.
Differential diagnosis tool with images and point of care information to aid in the identification of visually identifiable diseases. For mobile access:
1. Launch VisualDx at your institution and click "VisualDx Mobile" on the right-hand side.
2. Click "Create a Personal VisualDx Account" and fill out the form as instructed.
3. Once you have a username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store orGoogle Play.
4. Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password you created.