Diverse Images and Audiovisuals for Educating Health Professionals
- Black, Indigenous, Hispanic, Asian and other people of color
- Clinical Signs in Skin of Color
- People with Disabilities
- Older Adults
- Respiratory Patterns in Various Disease Conditions
- Other Photo Galleries
Diversity at OHSU includes age, culture, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, national origin, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, diversity of thought, ideas, and more. However, photographs and other audiovisuals used for teaching health professions students often use young adult or middle age, white skin, cisgender men as the default.
This LibGuide is meant to help increase the use of diverse audiovisual materials used in teaching by providing open access and no-cost sites to OHSU educators. Some of the sites do provide additional guidelines for use. Teachers wishing to use a copyrighted site or a site with unknown copyright status may simply share a link with students to view on their own.
Please know this LibGuide is a work in progress. If you have appropriate sites to share, you may email them to Pam Pierce, email@example.com.
OHSU Inclusive Language Guide
- OHSU Inclusive Language GuideOHSU Inclusive Language Guide is a dynamic resource designed to assist OHSU staff in understanding and utilizing inclusive language in institutional communications, including patient care, teaching, and presentations.
For more information about copyright as well as selecting and using diverse images, please refer to the following resources:
- OHSU Library Copyright LibGuide: Fair UsePlease see the Fair Use section of this guide for more information on usage guidelines.
- Last Updated: Apr 4, 2023 12:51 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/diverse-images
- Print Page