Research: Methods, Communication, and Evaluation
- PubMed (MEDLINE) This link opens in a new windowProvides access to the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on medicine, nursing, dentistry and pre-clinical sciences. Links to full-text articles when available.
- CINAHL This link opens in a new windowCitations, abstracts and some full text for nursing & allied health journals. Coverage dates back to 1981.
- Ovid MEDLINE This link opens in a new windowOvid Medline is an interface for searching only Medline content the leading source for biomedical scholarly literature and research.
Websites and Databases
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews This link opens in a new windowTopic reviews of the evidence-based medical literature providing authoritative information. Includes the full text of the regularly updated systematic reviews of the effects of healthcare prepared by The Cochrane Collaboration.
- Cochrane Library This link opens in a new windowA source for evidence based healthcare information. Includes Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Database of Abstracts of Reviews, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, Cochrane Database of Methodology Reviews, Cochrane Methodology Register, Health Technology Assessment Database, and NHS Economic Evaluation Database.
The Cochrane Library app is the perfect format for catching up on the latest evidence from the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. The app includes exclusive monthly issues containing the best of the previous month’s Cochrane Reviews, specially chosen by the Cochrane Library Editor in Chief.
Other features include:
Downloadable Cochrane Review content for reading offline.
A Bookmark feature for creating your own topic-based collections of Cochrane evidence.
Abridged Cochrane Reviews for the best possible tablet and phone reading experience
Evidence-Based Practice Toolkit for Nursing
by Brandon Wilkinson Last Updated Mar 22, 2023 7656 views this year
OHSU Library books on evaluating published research papers:
- How to Read a Paper by Trisha GreenhalghCall Number: WB 102 G813h 2006Link provided is for the 2010 ed. eBook. A physical copy of the 2006 ed. is available in the main Library stacks.
- Users' Guides to the Medical Literature by McMaster University Staff; Gordon GuyattCall Number: WB102 U8453 2015Link provided is for the eBook. A physical copy is also available in the main Library stacks.
- Health Sciences Literature Review Made Easy by Judith GarrardCall Number: W 20.5 G238h 2017
- Studying a Study and Testing a Test by Richard K. RiegelmanCall Number: WA 950 R554s 2012
- Interpreting the Medical Literature by Stephen H. GehlbachCall Number: W20.5 G311i 2006
- Reading, Understanding, and Applying Nursing Research by James A. FainCall Number: WY20.5 F162r 2009Link provided is for the 2017 ed. eBook. A physical copy of the 2009 ed. is available in the main Library stacks.
- Evaluating Research for Evidence-Based Nursing Practice by Jacqueline Fawcett; Joan GarityCall Number: WY20.5 F278e 2009
- Understanding Clinical Papers by David Bowers; Allan House; David OwensCall Number: WZ345 B786u 2006Link provided is for the 2013 ed. eBook. A physical copy of the 2006 ed. is available in the main Library stacks.
- Last Updated: Mar 22, 2023 4:07 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/research_methods
- Print Page
Subjects: Research and Research Tools and Funding
Tags: research science