Research and Scholarly Activity Guide for Psychiatry Faculty, Residents, Fellows, and Students
- Reviewing the Literature
- Finding the Best Evidence
- Databases for Literature Reviews
- Additional resources for Psychiatry searches
- Managing Your Literature
- Preparing to Present
- Preparing to Publish
- Doing Research or Quality Improvement Projects
- Other Helpful Resources
Introduction to Research and Scholarly Activities in Psychiatry at OHSU
Sharing knowledge you have gained is a lifelong activity for health professionals. The OHSU Library is here to support you as you prepare to present or publish on sentinel cases, quality improvement projects, research, or other scholarly activities wherever you are learning and practicing. This guide introduces questions and related resources that you will likely navigate as you plan to share your knowledge.
Please let us know if you have questions that are not addressed by this guide--we are happy to meet with you or engage others who can help us address your questions or improve the guide.
- The Reviewing the Literature, Finding the Best Evidence, Databases for Literature Reviews, and Additional Resources for Psychiatry Searches sections provides guidance and in-depth information on why and how to find the strongest evidence for your research question.
- Under Preparing to Present, you'll find tips for preparing for presenting at OHSU settings, such as Grand Rounds, Morbidity & Mortality Rounds, and departmental colloquia, as well as professional meetings beyond OHSU.
- Under Preparing to Publish, you will find resources specific to publishing case reports and other unfunded manuscripts, as well as links to resources for authors of all types of outputs.
- Doing Research or Quality Improvement Projects outlines common questions and resources that can be helpful to consult when planning and undertaking scholarship.
- Looking for something else? Try Other Helpful Resources which offers some quick additional options. We also welcome your suggestions for helpful additions.
- UAMS Library GuideWe acknowledge the UAMS Library guide, which inspired much of the structure of this guide.
- Make an Appointment with a LibrarianSchedule a consultation to get personalized assistance from library experts. OHSU librarians and staff are available to address and support your information needs, including literature searching, citation management, data management, publishing, and historical research.
- Last Updated: Feb 22, 2023 9:40 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/researchscholarlyactivity
- Print Page