Using and Accessing Primary Sources
Historical Collections & Archives (HC&A) is home to OHSU's collections of rare books, archives, manuscripts, and artifacts. Serving both the OHSU community and the general public, HC&A supports education and research using these unique collections. We provide a full range of public services to support access to our collections. We also promote diverse and engaging perspectives on the history of health sciences through our exhibits, events, and the OHSU Oral History Program.
Our collections are available for research by appointment, which you can request online. We schedule research visits by appointment between 8:30am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, depending on availability. Due to COVID-19, accessing HC&A spaces physically is more limited, but we offer a variety of virtual services to assist you in accessing materials at OHSU or through other institutions.
Navigating this guide
- Why Do Historical Research: Learn about the benefits of learning about and performing historical research
- Historical research: An introduction to archives and historical research
- Examples: Example research tailored to previous education sessions
- More information: Learn about accessing OHSU materials and how to contact us
- Last Updated: Oct 20, 2022 10:55 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/primarysourceguide
- Print Page