Resources for Oregon-Licensed Health Providers
OHSU Resources Available to All Oregon-Licensed Health Providers
Oregon-licensed health providers not affiliated with OHSU have access to the AccessMedicine Database through OHSU Library.
This database provides information on basic sciences and medicine, including the Lange Current Diagnosis and Treatment Series, Harrison's, and Goodman and Gilman's. The Lange Self-Assessment Tool for the USMLEasy is also included.
At the OHSU BICC Library on Marquam Hill
If you visit the OHSU Library during regular business hours, you can check out library books and scan or download journal articles free of charge. (Please see our website for our hours.)
From our computer stations you can access nearly all of the resources available at OHSU Library. This includes thousands of journals and key databases such as CINAHL and ClinicalKey for Nursing, Cochrane Library, OVID MEDLINE, Pediatric Care Online, PsycINFO and Scopus.
Free Article Delivery via Reprints Desk for Oregon MDs & DOs Only
Through a partnership with the Oregon Medical Board, the OHSU Library offers to Oregon-licensed MDs and DOs access to an article delivery service. This service is funded by ND/DO licensing fees.
Using PubMed enabled with Reprints Desk, this service provides a quick and easy way to obtain articles from nearly any journal title including NEJM, Science, Nature and many more.
To register for this service, you need an OHSU Library Account.
Getting started with Reprints Desk Service:
Step 1: Get OHSU Barcode
Apply for an OHSU Library account using the Library Account Application
Step 2: Register for Reprints Desk
After obtaining an OHSU Library account, sign up for a Reprints Desk account. Signing up will take less than five minutes but processing your account may take up to an hour. This is a two-step process.
- Step 2.A: Log in with your barcode and password: https://login.liboff.ohsu.edu/login/ReprintsDesk
- Step 2.B: Submit the Reprints Desk Setup form.
You will receive an e-mail when your Reprints Desk account is active. Use your Reprints Desk login and password to access Reprints Desk.
Step 3: Find Articles
If you are searching for articles on a particular subject and have already registered:
- Search PubMed enabled with Reprints Desk
- After finding an article of interest, click on the linked title of the article. Look for and select the "Get Full-Text in Article Galaxy" icon and login using your Reprints Desk username and password. Your order form will be auto-populated with information from PubMed.
Step 4: Order Articles
If you have a citation for a journal article you would like to order, and have already registered:
- Log in to Reprints Desk and choose the "Single Article" option. Complete the form.
Step 5: Manage Account
The Reprints Desk Dashboard allows you to check the status of orders, edit delivery profiles, reset your password, share feedback, and get help.
In order to provide access for all Oregon-licensed MDs and DOs to the article delivery service, we have established certain limitations.
- This service is limited to a cost of $100 per article. Requests that exceed $100 will not be filled.
- For items that cannot be filled through Reprints Desk, contact us at email@example.com. Include your OHSU account number and the citation for the item you need. If we can acquire it, we will provide it to you at no charge subject to the availability of OMB funds.
- There is a limit of 150 articles per year (July 1 - June 30) per registered user. Users who exceed 150 articles should contact the OHSU Library to request an exception. Without an exception, you will be unable to place orders until the beginning of the next fiscal year.
Please contact the OHSU Library if you have any questions about eligibility to use this service.
For problems or help using this service, contact Reprints Desk.
Free Resources Available from the National Library of Medicine and Others
National Library of Medicine resources
- Oregon-licensed MDs and DOs can obtain free full-text of articles indexed in PubMed MEDLINE using the Reprints Desk service. Follow the instructions for Free Article Delivery via PubMed for Oregon MDs & DOs.
- Other Oregon-licensed health providers who previously used the National Library of Medicine Loansome Doc service may request full-text articles for a fee by setting up an account through the OHSU Library. Please see this page for more information.
- Last Updated: Jun 15, 2021 12:26 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/orhp
- Print Page