NIH Public Access Policy
The NIH Public Access Policy requires peer-reviewed papers arising from NIH funding to be submitted to PubMed Central upon acceptance for publication.
For non-competing continuation grant awards with a start date of July 1, 2013 or beyond, the NIH will delay processing of an award if publications arising from it are not in compliance with the Public Access Policy.
♦ The policy applies to manuscripts that:
♦ Are peer reviewed
♦ Are accepted for publication on or after April 7, 2008
- Direct funding from an NIH grant or cooperative agreement active fiscal year 2008 and beyond.
- Direct funding from an NIH contract signed on or after April 7, 2008.
- Direct funding from the NIH Intramural Program
- An NIH employee
How can the Library help?
♦ Guidance with compliance
♦ Presentations to department authors and staff
♦ Provide compliance language for publication agreements
♦ Review and locate journal policies
Contact the OHSU Library to discuss or schedule these services.
- Last Updated: Jun 15, 2021 12:26 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/NIHPAPolicy
- Print Page