NIH Public Access Policy
The NIH Public Access Policy requires peer-reviewed papers arising from NIH funding to be submitted to PubMed Central upon acceptance for publication.
For non-competing continuation grant awards with a start date of July 1, 2013 or beyond, the NIH will delay processing of an award if publications arising from it are not in compliance with the Public Access Policy.
The policy applies to manuscripts that:
♦ Are peer reviewed
♦ Are accepted for publication on or after April 7, 2008
♦ Arise from one or more of the following:
- Direct funding from an NIH grant or cooperative agreement active fiscal year 2008 and beyond.
- Direct funding from an NIH contract signed on or after April 7, 2008.
- Direct funding from the NIH Intramural Program
- An NIH employee
How can the Library help?
♦ Guidance with compliance
♦ Presentations to department authors and staff
♦ Provide compliance language for publication agreements
♦ Review and locate journal policies
Contact the OHSU Library to discuss or schedule these services.
- Last Updated: Dec 11, 2019 3:06 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/NIHPAPolicy
- Print Page