Resources for Oregon-licensed Health Providers
Access to OHSU resources
Oregon-licensed health providers (without OHSU affiliation) have access to a number of resources from the National Library of Medicine and other sources, and to some OHSU library resources. Access varies depending on licensure (see details below), and some resources require users have an OHSU Library barcode, which can be requested here.
OHSU Library resources available to all Oregon-licensed health providers
Free Article Delivery via PubMed for Oregon MDs & DOs
This service is available to MDs and DOs only.
Through a partnership with the Oregon Medical Board the OHSU Library offers to Oregon licensed MDs and DOs access to an article delivery service. Using PubMed enabled with Reprints Desk, this service provides a quick and easy way to obtain journal literature from nearly any journal title including NEJM, Science, Nature and many more. In order to provide access for all Oregon licensed MDs and DOs to the article delivery service certain limitations must be maintained.
- This service is limited to a cost of $50 per article. Requests that exceed $50 will not be filled. For those items that cannot be filled through Reprints Desk, see Loansome Doc service.
- There is a limit of 100 articles per year per registered user. Users who exceed 100 articles will be unable to place orders until the beginning of the next fiscal period which runs July through June.
Please contact us if you have any questions about eligibility to use this service.
For problems or help using this service, contact Reprints Desk.
Getting started with Reprints Desk Service:
Step 1: Get OHSU Barcode
Obtaining an OHSU Library barcode is the first step in gaining access to the OHSU Library’s article delivery service offered via Reprints Desk. Apply for a barcode using the Barcode Application form.
Step 2: Register for Reprints Desk
After obtaining an OHSU Library barcode, you must sign up for a Reprints Desk account. Signing up will take less than five minutes but processing your account may take up to an hour. This is a two-step process.
- Step 2.A, login with your last name and barcode: https://login.liboff.ohsu.edu/login/ReprintsDesk
- Step 2.B, submit the Reprints Desk Setup form.
You will receive an e-mail when your account is active from Reprints Desk with a new username and password.
Step 3: Find Articles
If you are searching for articles on a particular subject, and have already registered:
- Search PubMed enabled with Reprints Desk
- After finding an article of interest, click on the linked title of the article. Look for and select the ‘Get Article from Reprint Desk’ icon and login using your Reprints Desk username and password. Your order form will be auto-populated with information from PubMed.
Step 4: Order Articles
If you have a citation for a journal article you would like to order, and have already registered:
- Log in to Reprints Desk and choose the ‘Single Article’ option. Complete the form.
Step 5: Manage Account
Getting help, checking the status of orders, editing delivery profiles, resetting passwords, and sharing feedback are all accessible to you via the Reprints Desk Dashboard.
Freely available resources from the National Library of Medicine and others
National Library of Medicine resources
Provides access to the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on medicine, nursing, dentistry and pre-clinical sciences. Links to full-text articles when available.
- Last Updated: Sep 27, 2018 9:41 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/orhp
- Print Page