Resources for Oregon-licensed Health Providers
OHSU Resources Available to All Oregon-Licensed Health Providers
Oregon-licensed health providers (without OHSU affiliation) have access to the AccessMedicine Database through the OHSU Library.
AccessMedicine is an online library of books on basic sciences, family medicine, medical specialties and health care practice and leadership. It includes the Lange Current Diagnosis and Treatment series, Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, and Goodman and Gilman's Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. Diagnostic test and drug information are also available, as is the Lange Self-Assessment Tool for the USMLEasy. Users must apply for and have an OHSU Library barcode in order to use AccessMedicine. Sign up on our Library Barcode Application page.
- At the OHSU BICC Library on Marquam Hill
If you visit the OHSU Library during public access hours (Monday-Friday, 8AM to 6PM), you will be able to check out library books and scan or download journal articles free of charge.
From our computer stations you can access nearly all of the resources available at OHSU Library, including thousands of journals and key databases such as CINAHL and ClinicalKey for Nursing, Cochrane Library, OVID MEDLINE, Pediatric Care Online, PsycINFO and Scopus.
Free Article Delivery via Reprints Desk or Oregon MDs & DOs Only
This service is available to MDs and DOs as funded by part of their licensing fee. To register for this service you also need to have applied for and received an OHSU Library Account.
Through a partnership with the Oregon Medical Board, the OHSU Library offers to Oregon-licensed MDs and DOs access to an article delivery service. Using PubMed enabled with Reprints Desk, this service provides a quick and easy way to obtain articles from nearly any journal title including NEJM, Science, Nature and many more.
Getting started with Reprints Desk Service:
Step 1: Get OHSU Barcode
Obtaining an OHSU Library Barcode is the first step in gaining access to the OHSU Library’s article delivery service offered via Reprints Desk. Apply for an account using the Barcode Application form.
Step 2: Register for Reprints Desk
After obtaining an OHSU Library account, sign up for a Reprints Desk account. Signing up will take less than five minutes but processing your account may take up to an hour. This is a two-step process.
- Step 2.A: Log in with your last name and barcode: https://login.liboff.ohsu.edu/login/ReprintsDesk
- Step 2.B: Submit the Reprints Desk Setup form.
You will receive an e-mail when your account is active from Reprints Desk with a new username and password.
Step 3: Find Articles
If you are searching for articles on a particular subject, and have already registered:
- Search PubMed enabled with Reprints Desk
- After finding an article of interest, click on the linked title of the article. Look for and select the ‘Get Article from Reprint Desk’ icon and login using your Reprints Desk username and password. Your order form will be auto-populated with information from PubMed.
Step 4: Order Articles
If you have a citation for a journal article you would like to order, and have already registered:
- Log in to Reprints Desk and choose the ‘Single Article’ option. Complete the form.
Step 5: Manage Account
Getting help, checking the status of orders, editing delivery profiles, resetting passwords, and sharing feedback are all accessible to you via the Reprints Desk Dashboard.
In order to provide access for all Oregon-licensed MDs and DOs to the article delivery service, we have established certain limitations.
- This service is limited to a cost of $100 per article. Requests that exceed $100 will not be filled.
- For items that cannot be filled through Reprints Desk, contact the OHSU Library as Loansome Doc will no longer be available and its replacement has not been identified.
- There is a limit of 150 articles per year (July 1 - June 30) per registered user. Users who exceed 150 articles should contact the OHSU Library to request an exception; otherwise you will be unable to place orders until the beginning of the next fiscal year.
Please contact the OHSU Library if you have any questions about eligibility to use this service.
For problems or help using this service, contact Reprints Desk.
Free Resources Available from the National Library of Medicine and Others
National Library of Medicine resources
Provides access to the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on medicine, nursing, dentistry and pre-clinical sciences. Links to full-text articles when available.
- Last Updated: Mar 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/orhp
- Print Page