Textbooks and Course Reserves
To fulfill requirements related to the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the OHSU Library requests and receives textbook lists each term from instructors and academic programs. We post the textbook lists on the Library's website, including textbook titles, ISBNs, and retail price when available.
If you don't see your course or textbooks listed here, please check with your instructor.
To support affordable access to textbooks, the Library will try to purchase e-book versions of textbooks. However, many publishers will not sell or license electronic textbooks to libraries. In these cases, the Library tries to purchase one print copy of the textbook for short-term loans, but this cannot meet student textbook needs for the entire term.
The Library also works with faculty and academic programs to serve high-demand usage of additional types of course materials through our course reserves collection. Print course reserves are available for a limited check-out period and can be searched and reserved via the Library's catalog. More detailed information about Course Reserves is available on the Library's website.
- Please email your list of required course textbooks to email@example.com. Allow at least 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the course for posting on the Library’s website.
- All required texts will be placed on Course Reserve. If you would like to put supplementary texts on Course Reserve, please fill out the Course Reserve Materials form.
- Use the links on the left side of this page to navigate to the textbooks list for your program and course. If you don't see your course listed, please contact us.
- To search Course Reserves in both print and electronic formats, go to the Library Search page. Enter the title or author of your item, the instructor, or the course number in the search box and select the option for Course Reserves from the drop-down menu below the search bar.
- Last Updated: Apr 13, 2023 12:02 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/textbooklists
- Print Page