Digital Assets Management (DAM) System
What is the Digital Assets Management (DAM) System?
The Library oversees the Digital Assets Management System. This library technology is a secure and centralized system that allows OHSU community members to securely manage and share their digital photos, videos, audio, and graphics with others DAM users.
You can use the DAM to manage your digital assets by:
- Uploading digital files formats like mp3, wav, mp4, mov, avi, jpg, and tiff
- Describing content by tagging with keywords, adding captions, and other important information
- Searching for digital assets with basic and advance controls
- Tracking digital assets with compliance requirements
- Tracking digital asset usage like who downloaded a file
- Adding general or specific usage rights agreement terms
- Controlling organizational unit to unit digital asset access permissions
- Identifying specific user access profiles within a user group
- Securely transfer digital assets to Library's Historical Collections and Archives
How do I get access?
The DAM is a secure digital environment that requires all users to have an account coordinated by the library at email@example.com. Openly available digital collections can be accessed at: https://digitalcollections.ohsu.edu/.
Here are the current DAM point persons responsible for administrating user groups. They register you through the Library. Contact them directly about becoming part of their user group.
- Educational Communications - Jan Pfeifer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources - Lisa Carter, email@example.com
- Library - Pam Pierce, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing and Communications - Kris Wentz-Graff, email@example.com
- OHSU Foundation - Cecily Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patient Experience - Abby Meier, email@example.com
- SOM Communications - Rosina Grove, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching and Learning Center - Dylan Johnson, email@example.com
All DAM point people must complete a user registration form for anyone they would like to join their user group. This form must be completed and returned to the DAM administrator by the DAM point person.
What do I need to know about accessing the DAM?
- The system only works with the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- You need to be on an OHSU Secure network to access the system. If off-site then you need OHSU VPN access.
- https://dam.ohsu.edu is the web address to the DAM.
- The DAM is not a peer to peer sharing system. It is an organizational unit to unit sharing environment
- All DAM users must abide by OHSU's policies and records management schedules. They are located on O2 for reference.
- Anyone granted access to the DAM is requested to attend DAM 101 training. Contact the Library, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a session.
DAM Reference Guides
- Last Updated: May 24, 2019 1:37 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/dam
- Print Page