OHSU Library Equipment Collection
Check out our equipment
- The OHSU Library offers a variety of equipment for checkout - free of charge to OHSU students, faculty and staff. These items can be used for educational purposes or for your personal enjoyment with respect to the Terms & Conditions listed below. To reserve equipment, you may use our scheduling system, or feel free to come to the Library Service Desk located on the 3rd floor of the BICC building.
- This video tutorial will walk you through the process of reserving equipment at the OHSU Library. (Runtime: 2:04 minutes)
Equipment checkout terms and conditions
General: Users are responsible for downloading and saving their own data from all devices. OHSU staff can facillitate minimal tech support for all equipment and users will be guided to support material either included with items or found online for any questions.
Check-Out and Return: Equipment may only be checked out by the user who originally made the reservation. All items in the kit will be inventoried and missing items will be noted. Check-outs and returns can only occur M-F 8:30am to 5pm at the BICC Library. Do not return equipment items through Campus Mail or Library bookdrop locations. Please understand that do to the nature of the equipment it may take time for library staff to assess and finalize the return of the equipment.
Fines & Damaged/Lost Equipment: A fine of five dollars per day will be added to your library account for every day an item is held past its reservation period. Users are responsible for identifying any lost or damaged equipment when returning items and may be held responsible for replacement costs.
Late Returns: If you are unable to return equipment by your schedule time, please call us ASAP at 503-494-3460 so that we can adjust other reservations as necessary. Late fees will apply. Repeat offenders will be denied service.
Reservation Periods: The default reservation period for most items is two days contingent on proximity to other prior reservations, weekends, and holidays. Users can extend the checkout period up to seven days as long as it does not conflict with a prior reservation.
The default reservation period for items is two days Users can extend the checkout period up to seven days as long as it does not conflict with a prior reservation.
Borrowing Agreement: When you complete the online reservation process, you will be have the opportunity to review these policies. By completing your reservation, you agree to follow these policies. OHSU Library is not responsible for any information, including PHI, recorded by the devices it lends. All material found on returned equipment will be deleted, including audio and visual files.
Check-Out and Return:
- Equipment may only be checked out by the user who made the reservation. Equipment will inventoried and missing items will be noted.
- Check-outs and returns can occur M-F 8:30 am to 6:00 pm at the BICC Library. Do not return equipment through Campus Mail or Library bookdrop locations.
- Equipment must be renewed by the due date, otherwise overdue fees will apply.
- If you are unable to return equipment on time, please call the Library at 503-494-3460, so that we can adjust other reservations as necessary.
- Last Updated: Mar 30, 2023 2:23 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/EquipmentCollection
- Print Page