Link Resolver/OpenURL Service
What is "Find It@OHSU Library"?
The OHSU Library has a Link Resolver/OpenURL service called
- What is this “Find It@OHSU Library” button?
It is a service that takes you from an article citation in a database to full text available in the OHSU Library’s collections. The “Find It@OHSU Library” button will provide links to as many access points as possible making it easier to find full text.
- What does the button do? How do I access it?
If you search a database that has been set up to work with our link resolver, you’d see this button. Click the button, and a new browser window will open, displaying a menu of options.
- Sometimes when I click a link to full text, I am taken to the journal home page. Why can't I go directly to the article?
In most cases, full text links go directly to the article. However, some publishers do not allow direct linking to articles, so you have to navigate through the site to find the article you want.
- Which databases offer the Link Resolver/OpenURL service?
- And more
- Is Link Resolver/OpenURL service available from off-campus?
Yes. You can access the link resolver from any workstation with an Internet connection. However, many of our resources are restricted to OHSU faculty, staff, and students only. If you click a link to one of these resources from off-campus, you will be prompted to log in.
- What if the Link Resolver/OpenURL service determines that OHSU Library doesn't own what I'm looking for?
You will then have the option to request what you need through our Get It For Me service.
- Can I set up Link Resolver/OpenURL service on any database that I use?
Yes. Please go to the next section "How to Set This Service Up" guide for more info.
- Last Updated: Nov 11, 2019 3:35 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/linkresolver
- Print Page