Using the 4th Floor Scanner
- First, make sure that the scanner is turned on, as indicated by the blue lit power button.
- Next, place the item you wish to scan face down on the scanner bed glass. Please note, the arrow on the scanner indicates where scanning begins on the page.
- From the Taskbar search box, type in VueScan and click to launch.
- Next, go to the Input Tab and under Options choose Professional.
- In the Input Tab, ensure that the following settings have been selected.
- The Task field is set to Scan to File
- The Media field is set to Auto
- Media Size is set to 8.5x11
- Your document will default to saving to your H:drive with the file name YYYY-MM-DD-0001+.pdf.
- In the Crop Tab, check that the Crop Size and Preview Area are set to Maximum before scanning.
- When you are finished checking your defaults, select Preview. You should see the first page of your scanned document appear in the viewer window. From here you can adjust the cropped area as needed.
- Once the cropping area has been reviewed, press Scan to capture the first page.
- Continue to press Scan+ until all pages in the document have been scanned.
- When scanning is complete, simply close out the program. Your document will be automatically saved to your H:drive in the Images folder.
- If you have any questions, please see the library service desk on the 3rd floor or Contact Us
- Last Updated: Mar 22, 2023 4:07 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/scanning
- Print Page
Subjects: Equipment & Technology