OHSU Evidence-Based Practice Course for Interprofessional Clinical Teams
Lecture 1: Agenda
Session date: Thursday, March 20, 2019
Location: DCH Vey Auditorium
- Course Overview
- Creating a Vision for Evidence-based Practice
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Asking the Right Questions
Session 1: Assignment
Task 1: Please read the following article:
Task 2: Table 2 in the article above only provides a template for a therapy question. Please review the "Types of Questions" and "How to Phrase Your PICO" template in the right column of this webpage.
Session 1: Lecture Slides
Session 1 Lecture Recording
PICO(TT) is a tool used to describe elements of a good clinical foreground question. PICO helps you:
1. clearly identify the problem, interventions, and measurable outcomes related to your patient
2. determine which keywords to use in your database search
3, formulate a searchable clinical foreground question
Type of Clinical Questions
Once you determine your PICO elements, identify what type of question you have.
How to Phrase your PICO
Once you identify your type of question, enter your PICO elements into the appropriate template in order to properly phrase your clinical question.
- Last Updated: Jun 23, 2020 3:29 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/EBP4ClinicalTeams
- Print Page