EndNote is bibliographic management software that allows users to manage citations in personal libraries and create bibliographies based on a number of available journal or writing styles. This guide will aid you in performing basic tasks using EndNote.
- Library: A database of literature references. Each reference in an EndNote library is stored as an individual record with different data fields for the the author, title, etc. References can contain more than just citation information (e.g abstracts).
- Reference type: Templates for the individual records in an EndNote library (e.g. journals, books, newspaper articles, conference proceedings).
- Field: Each Reference Type contains a variety of Fields, depending on the Reference Type. Examples of Fields include author, title, year, etc.
- Import filter: Files that provide a match between references downloaded from databases and the data fields in EndNote records. Import filters are designed to work with specific information providers (such as Ovid) and specific databases (such as PubMed)
- Output style: Files used to control the appearance of in-text citations and references in a bibliography.
You can use the How to get EndNote tab above to get links to install EndNote.
Once installed, use the EndNote Basics (Windows version) or EndNote Basics (Mac version) tabs to the left to get started using EndNote.
Looking for technical support?
Visit EndNote’s support page where you can find answers to common questions, “Submit an Inquiry,” or "Call us" [EndNote].
Looking for user guides?
- EndNote Training Home
- YouTube: EndNote Training
- Other useful links, including tutorials from other libraries
Need further assistance?
Contact us for help with EndNote. Librarians are also available to come to your group or department to provide EndNote training sessions.
Technical Support from EndNote
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)
+1-800-336-4474, press 4
Search Library FAQ
Need some help? Ask your question here:
- Last Updated: Mar 11, 2020 2:52 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ohsu.edu/endnote
- Print Page